• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Happy Pentasa Party

So I've only been back on Pentasa for about a week, but already it's helping me! I'm still in pain, but my bowels are starting to cooperate again! I do not know WHY but Pentasa got me less constipated back when I first took it in 2011, and it's doing the same thing now.

Why does it do it? I don't know! But I'm just gonna be happy about that.

I'm hoping this means it's starting to be effective and maybe my pain will go down in a few weeks.

ETA: lol, even if the BMs are moving smoothly, doesn't mean I don't have pain afterwards. OH WELL :rof:

Last edited:

Cross-stitch gal

Staff member
How're you feeling now? Glad to hear that pentasa's been helping you!!! Don't know about being less constipated. But, do know that it can help...

I'm still doing pretty well. I had a high pain day the last two days, but I am back to working out and feeling strong again. I completed the Spartan Sprint today and I'm feeling very proud.