• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Happy Sunday!

I don't think I've had the need to post a happy thread for a while, BUT today's a good day, and long may it continue!!:banana:
It's been a hard week- Finishing the thesis, Restarting chemo, Hospital admission, and loosing a dear friend.
Today though, I feel bloody amazing. Tomorrow I hand in the thesis (never thought that day would come), Chemo's still continuing to go rather well and uneventful, I'm NOT in hospital, and last night I went out on a date.
I realise I have so much to be greatful for...
I also want to thank you guys for supporting me through the bad days. So this good/happy Sunday is dedicated to you all..:beerchug:

Now, let's dance... xxx:mario2:

Dexky

To save time...Ask Dusty!
Andrea!!!! It does my heart good to see this:)!! Soon one great day will turn into two and so on and so on etc......

DustyKat

Super Moderator

I'm so happy, happy, happy Welshy!!! May the good times last a lifetime hun!!!

:mademyday: Mate.

Dusty. xxxxxxxx

:congratualtions:
You are one amazing woman and an inspiration to us all. Well done you on getting your thesis done and it is great to hear you sounding so good.
:banana: Dancing with ya!
Helen x

Aww I'm glad you're feeling good. It's days like these that make us want to keep going on when times are bad.

I hope the date went well and congrats on the thesis!!! :D

ameslouise

The best thing about being sick is knowing who your real friends are. I've been enjoying recuperating with you!!

So glad to know you are feeling better - physically and emotionally.

Your best pal across the pond - xo - Ames

Crohn's Mom

Awe this makes my :Karl: sing !!

I so love hearing the positive news !
You are such an inspiration to so many!

much love and respect,
:rosette1:Tracy:rosette1:

Entchen

Chief Dandelion Picker
I'll join this dance party:
:yoshijumpjoy::yoshijumpjoy::yoshijumpjoy:
:sheep::sheep::sheep::sheep:
:yoshijumpjoy::yoshijumpjoy::yoshijumpjoy::

Keep enjoying your day.

Congratulations on everything!! I hope the goodness continues for a long, long time. You're obviously a very strong person.

:cheerss:

Thanks all,
Well it's Monday, and I'm still dancing (much like the Duracell bunny)
The Thesis (my Masterpiece) has been handed in, and now I'm lost with how to occupy my time....
xx

Thanks all,
Well it's Monday, and I'm still dancing (much like the Duracell bunny)
The Thesis (my Masterpiece) has been handed in, and now I'm lost with how to occupy my time....
xx
Congrats on finishing your thesis! Occupy it resting up! You've definitely earned it.

I may be a day late in replying but reading your post made me all tingly! It's so good to hear so many good things coming your way.
How was the date?
If you're asking I'm dancing! :)

Dexky

...then two days, then three and so on and so on!! Hey, you gave me a reason to smile on a Monday!:)

I'm sure I probably missed it somewhere Andrea, but what is your area of study?

Sam- Had a lovely night. Was good to be out, eating and not making a dash for the loo. Ozzie was well behaved. We seem to be heading in the right direction. x

Dexky- I'm a History geek. Thesis was on German Foreign Policy 1933-39. Will be in bookstores soon, retitled 'The Ultimate Guide for Insomniacs' zzzzzz.

No longer dancing, the batteries are low, BUT still hanging on in there! xx

Dexky- I'm a History geek. Thesis was on German Foreign Policy 1933-39. Will be in bookstores soon, retitled 'The Ultimate Guide for Insomniacs' zzzzzz.
:lol2: I look forward to reading it
No longer dancing, the batteries are low, BUT still hanging on in there! xx
Good for you, get the rest you need and dance some more tomorrow :thumleft:

No longer dancing- far too tired now. Must find a new hobby to do in bed...no that's not an open invitation lol!!
Hair has now started to fall out in clumps..God this is the worst feeling ever. Just want to find a rock and crawl behind it and CRY!
Think it's hibernation for me from today...
At least tomorrows the last day of this cycle. Next weeks my free week. Time to start re building my strength. Cycle 3 awaits..
I HATE this disease with a passion...vent over!! xx

DustyKat

Super Moderator
Awww Welshy, I have literally just been thinking about how you are and switched on my lapy to send you a message and find you are here...:):):)

I gave Matt a hair cut tonight and was saying to him how I should bundle it all up to make a wig! I will send it to you mate! :eek2:

Oh hun, I hope things settle some on your off week. Thinking of you mate and hoping the very best for you, always!

Much, much love, :Karl:
Dusty. xxxxxxxx

Dexky

Bald women are sexy And! Then it grows back and they're still sexy! I know these chemo cycles are awful but you are continually improving with each step. Get your rest Andrea and get better!!

xJillx

Your Story Forum Monitor
I think the hair loss is really tough for women during chemo. My best friend's mom (my second mother to be honest) went through chemo almost two years ago and losing her hair hit her very hard. But she is now cancer free and has a beautiful head of hair once again! Hang in there, Andrea. Good times are coming!

Losing your hair must be really hard, and it's not like you are rich and famous like prince william ( as far as I know) so you can't get a royal wigmaker (or hat maker like bea) on the case. Then again you must have lots more brain cells than them if you've been doing a masters. What's it in by the way?
LMH

Terriernut

Andrea, rest up, tomorrow is another day. Next week is an off week for chemo and heres hoping it brings you more energy.

Hair loss for a woman is unbelievably debilitating. It is part of who we are! It is our sex appeal, and very much a way of expressing who we are.

So, theres only one thing to do. Either go bald and get tatoos and proudly wear it that way, or....

Get the most blindingly SEXY long haired wig you can find and go strut your stuff! Oh, and a push up bra, cant forget that.

Girl, whatever way you can beat it....BEAT IT. Never, ever let Crohns or cancer win because the fu*&ers arent near the woman you are!

Love ya!
Misty

Thinking of you and hoping you've found a bit of strength today.
This is going to be a tough time for you. You are going through so much of course you are going to have days when you feel like sh*** but hopefully you will have many more days like the one you started this post about.
Keep fighting but also make sure you get lots of rest and take care of yourself
x

Andrea
Most people on this forum are suffering to one degree or another. But you are having a way worse time than most. I have said this before and will it again. YOU ARE AN INSPIRATION!!! You just keep going when others would have given up. I really don't think you realise how amazing you are. One day, when you are well, you will wonder how the hell you did it. We are wondering that now. Thankyou, on behalf of all of us, for proving that the human spirit can overcome all adversity. AND you went on a date!!!!
Hugs
Marie x

ameslouise

My best mate across the pond is feeling blue and that makes me so sad!

Hope you're feeling better in your "off week".

We're all rooting for you Andrea! xo xo - Ames

AndiGirl

Your Story Forum Monitor
You are an inspiration to me. I'm struggling through an episode right now, and I know that you have been through worse. When I visit other posts, I begin to feel ashamed that I'm so weak. I appreciate your strength and thoughtfulness expressed in all of your posts.

Thanks all for your continued support.
It's my free week- woohoo!
Have dusted myself down again, and am back up and plodding along. Hair for now has stopped falling out. Went and had it cut shorter on Sat, which seems to have helped in covering up the 'balder bits'. I have my friends funeral later. Not looking forward to it, and if I could pass on going I would. Still, bed awaits when I get home, and it can't come quickly enough!
Feeling down but certainly NOT beaten! Onwards and upwards...
And xx

Dexky

I know no words are likely to comfort you this day And! Just get through it and hit the hay! Fall asleep thinking healing thoughts!! Tomorrow's gonna be a better day!!

Thanks Dexky- I should be at the hospital right now having my bloods done. I just cannot be bothered. I have no doubt that within the hour the phone will ring and I will have the mother of all telling offs. All deserved too!
Tomorrow WILL be a better day. x

DustyKat

Super Moderator
Thinking about you today Welshy. I know it's gonna be tough but you'll get through it okay hun.

Sending mega loads of well wishes and squishy hugs your way...:hug::hug::hug:

Lotsa love, :wub:
Dusty. xxxxxxxx

Andrea, you are an inspiration and you're upbeat posts are something to aspire to. Even when you're down you manage to show positivity.

I don't get on here often but I think of you and wish you all the best everyday :hug: Keep on posting :thumleft:

Ok, so I've come down off my high horse and have agreed to have the nurse now come to my home to take my bloods and monitor me. It feels like another loss of control and further deterioration...but I do know that some days I am not able to get to the hospital (due to feeling like s**t) for my vital blood tests, so something had to give.
She's been this morning to introduce herself, and I'm sure she has been forewarned by my gastro that I am Miss Independant, and want some degree of control over my treatment and care. She just reiterated what the hospital stated yesterday, I need more sleep, rest, food and to be taking the Oramorph on a regular basis, regardless of pain. (Dusty, please remove that told you so smile!).
So today I turn a new page. Compliant all the way, yet I have no doubt that on days where I feel great, I WILL be doing whatever I feel like, and will pay for it another time.
I will not be a victim of this bloody disease...

Cycle 3 hopefully begins on Monday, so right now I am a 1/4 of the way through treatment. Happy days!!

Thanks again for your continued support and well wishes,
And xx

hahah Thanks Dex.
Well last night was the LONGEST and hardest yet. I feel like s**t today, and am looking forward to seeing my nurse within the hour. I have my bags packed (better prepared), and wouldn't be surprised if it's a weekend at the local 'Royal Hilton' for me! I'm actually thinking of begging to go just for some pain relief. I can barely bend my right leg due to the pain in my groin/abdo. If that went away, I would be GREAT!
Let's see what pearls of wisdom she comes up with...

DustyKat

Super Moderator
Oh Welshy, I'm thinking of you hun. Yes, yes, yes...get your pain relief reviewed pronto! You don't need to put up with that sort of pain. Let us know what happens when you feel up to it mate...:hug:

Loads and loads of love and thinking of you, :wub:
Dusty. xxxxxxxx

Weekend away for me...a 5* luxury resort courtesy of the NHS!
It seems that I have an abscess- easily treated I hope with some IV antibiotics, with the bonus of some Iv pain meds, better than any bottle of Jack!
The bag is already packed, now for a quick bath to shave my legs, pack up the laptop and make my way to my luxury room. This should be a walk in the park compared with the past 24 hours....
Even better, I'll have more time to sit and play on here.
Happy weekend guys xx

Terriernut

How'd you go and get an absess? Glad you are being treated to the best of the NHS. If they'd only get some sexy Dr's!

And, I LOVE the fact that you shave your legs ahead of time! I'll make sure I do the same next time they take me in. You is SUCH a girly girl!

Misty

Dusty- Whatever! You'd miss me xx

Misty- I'm no girly girl, trust me. Just being eternally optimistic that my Mr Right may be waiting for me on the ward! x

Littlemissh- I wish!!! I don't think I would be here if my ANC wasn't still low and chemo due to resume on Monday. We may be looking at delaying the next cycle if it doesn't improve by Sunday night. Gastro wasn't happy in allowing oral antibiotics and wanted IV. So here I am!!

Not feeling too bad, loads better actually than when I woke this morning. I can just about bend my right leg now! Woohoo....
It's just the boredom factor, and my need to be fit for Monday. I don't want this to cause any delays.

Dexky

Hoping it settles for you Andrea and you are up to snuff for Monday! Good luck! Sorry you're spending your weekend in the hospital but better safe than sorry!

DustyKat

Super Moderator
Thinking of you hun and hoping the pain is becoming a distant memory...:hug:

Loads of love, :wub:
Dusty. xxxxxxxx

Hi all. Just thought I should drop in and post a quick update.
I'm doing ok, well loads better than on my admitance Friday. The pain is certainly more tolerable, and the Metro IV seems to be working it's magic. The abscess seems to be under control and on its way to being outta here- woohoo!!
Now for chemo cycle 3- have been notified this afternoon that it is not being started tomorrow. My ANC has not recovered enough, and with the abscess its just not an option. Yes, I'm angry and upset, I just want this over with, but it really is out of my hands. If this is what they believe to be best, then whom are I to argue?
Spent a few hours last night talking with Oncology nurses discussing treatments etc. I went to bed counting myself bloody lucky after seeing some of the patients on that ward. I'm sure that sounds so selfish, and it's not meant to be, but I do have it easy in comparisson to most so must keep reminding myself of this on those 'down moments'.
No expected date for resuming chemo, so for now just riding along on this rollercoaster of a life. I do hope I get off soon- I'm starting to feel a little sick of it!
xxxx

With the bank hol this weekend, my Gastro and Oncologist are both unavailable now until Tuesday. I really hope then I can come off the Metro IV and go oral, if so, then I (that's a BIG emphasis on I) see no reson to be here. My ANC will raise in its own time, and I really don't feel unwell, so will put forward a really strong argument for leaving.
I'm sure there's someone out there that needs this bed far more than I!!

Cake? Really am feeling a little sick, so can I pass on that for now? lol. Although my med team would love to see me eating it!

Terriernut

Gotta think of all the little possitives you can at this point. Difficult as that is. When I was in hospital and visited the other wards, it made me feel lucky to be in the position I was in.

Any little thing you can do or think to be positive is a help. You've had a hell of a rough road so far. No doubt it's getting bloody hard to keep going. But if anyone can...YOU CAN!

Squishy hugs,
Misty

Terriernut

You tell them boots they gonna walk all over that cancer.

Go on then, sing it honey! (its FUN to irritate people around us when in hospital!) :devil:

Misty

Misty, the next time I'll be singing will be on Sat at the Millenium Stadium when I go to watch Wales v Barbarians...with a pint in hand. Praying that I will be well enough to go by then..:worthy:

Terriernut

Well sing 'Boots' by Nancy Sinatra anyway! And Yes You WILL go to that match!!!

*if you have a voice like mine, they will rush to help you to shut you up...works a TREAT I tell ya! In fact, they went and got me fish and chips one evening to make me stop singing. Dont think they want me at the L&D again. Your boots are better than mine anyday darlin!!

Misty

Am so sorry to hear that you've had another set back. My fists are up ready to punch the lights out of anything else that dares to mess with your body again!!
Keep trying with the positive thinking. I do find it always helps me when I'm feeling low to consider those who are in a worse position than me but then I start feeling sad for them instead!
Not a rugby (am guessing that's what you're off to watch?) fan myself but you go and enjoy it all. I bet the sun will even be shining for you in Wales for once too ;)

X