• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Has anyone been through their 40s with IBD and a uterus?

This sucks.

I won't go into gory details, but wow. This sucks, and I want to unsubscribe from crohns, and anemia, and the monthly murder scene. So on and so forth.

I've lost at least 12 lbs in the last 2 months without trying, I've got abdominal pain hitting a 6 on my pain scale pretty much every day, and I had a CT scan last week that showed no active inflammation or disease. So what the heck.

Is there an age where things turn a corner?

Lisa

Adminstrator
Staff member
Ugh....that sucks. Have you been to a Gyno to get checked? Where is the pain located? I finally unsubscribed starting last fall (I'm 51 now) and am soooooo glad it's over! I can say things got 'worse' prior to the end...heavier flow but thankfully not bad in the way of cramps...I did/do have a couple of small cysts which I think did cause some problems, but I'm not sure as I still get on/off lower left Q pain (which may be related to diverticulosis bah)....

Ugh....that sucks. Have you been to a Gyno to get checked? Where is the pain located? I finally unsubscribed starting last fall (I'm 51 now) and am soooooo glad it's over! I can say things got 'worse' prior to the end...heavier flow but thankfully not bad in the way of cramps...I did/do have a couple of small cysts which I think did cause some problems, but I'm not sure as I still get on/off lower left Q pain (which may be related to diverticulosis bah)....
That sounds rough, I'm sorry.
Multiple health issues are such a pain.

I saw the gyno a year ago. They checked for fibroids, didn't find any.
She thought I was too young for an ablation to be effective.
I don't have enough trouble for a hysterectomy to be an option.

She suggested an IUD, but I've had one before and there were issues so I opted not to.
I tried a mini pill because I've been getting visits every three weeks.
Last time I was on the regular pill I couldn't handle the hormones and it derailed my mental health.

So. I had 5 infusions of venofer and it's like my uterus decided to throw grenades or something.

I've had ovarian cysts burst, THAT is unpleasant. The current pain happens after I eat. I don't think the pain is menstrual cramps and it's definitely not a burst cyst.

It's right around my bellybutton and it's been going on for weeks. For the first few weeks anything I ate would result in horrible pain, and eventually 1-2 bouts of diarrhea.

It seems strongly correlated to food and digestion.
But the CT shows no inflammation.

I've had my gallbladder removed, can't be that.
It's been 3 or 4 weeks at least. So, not appendicitis.

My doc said it's possible to have crohn's and IBS. so maybe it's that?

IDK. Just tired of dealing with it.
I don't feel like eating and I'm overweight anyway, so.

It's frustrating.