• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Has anyone else hit the wall? Brain Jenga?

This post goes out to people who have too much on their plate to be sick as well - Oh wait - that is most of us.

At the moment I am waiting for something to fail. - Probably me, but I have too much on my plate - and no choice really.

My brain is not coping with everything, and I have had to compartmentalize everything so I can cope with whatever has to happen first, and then the next immediate thing. I can't plan, or be organised properly - its all seat of the pants stuff. And I'm waiting for the first failure.

I have had and am getting over a bad cold or the flu, and so has my daughter and my husband. I have a large assignment due on the 8th October - has to be posted a week beforehand, and still have lot to do. I have a capsule endoscopy on the 17th Sep, which I have to travel for with my little one, plus the prep for that.

I can't think about the capsule endoscopy and prepare myself for it or the possible results (or mentally protecting myself in case they find nothing) as I have to get my assignment done and run the household. And pack for travelling to the test.

My brain is not in the right space for doing the the assignment and I just want to sleep for a week!

I don't really have any capacity for anything else and now my mother in law has come to stay...

So - Just a vent really about having too much on your plate, and not being able to mentally process the potentially life changing test that is coming up.
And hoping that it doesn't ll fall over like a house of cards! Touch wood!:(