• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Has anyone ever been unable to so much as simply 'sit down' without experiencing excruciating pain?

Scipio

Sitting down is not painful for me. Maybe it is for some patients who have certain absesses or fistulae, but my pain (when I have it) is a dull ache in the lower right abdominal quadrant.

Lisa

Adminstrator
Staff member
The only issue I can recall with sitting is when my old site of fissures is acting up - and sitting, especially on something hard, causes the skin to pull and stretch - the skin there is very thin and gets irritated easily too, so much so that even the act of wiping can cause it to bleed some.

Where is the pain when you sit?

The only issue I can recall with sitting is when my old site of fissures is acting up - and sitting, especially on something hard, causes the skin to pull and stretch - the skin there is very thin and gets irritated easily too, so much so that even the act of wiping can cause it to bleed some.

Where is the pain when you sit?
Lower right area, just above my hip. I'm thinking it's the place where my ileum/ileococal valve is located..

Lisa

Adminstrator
Staff member
No, they did a regular CT, not sure if there was barium, but I was hooked up via catheter to something that was pumped into me intravenously
That was probably a ct with contrast. Barium you usually have to drink, and with an MRE they do inject some also via iv