• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Has anyone tried Boswellia for UC or Crohn's?

I am thinking about trying Boswellia for my UC. I just got over a huge flare and want to try to use a natural anti-inflammatory herb to try and taper off of my Rowasa enemas. I have heard that Boswellia works well, but wanted to see if anyone else has had success with it. I am losing a lot of hair from the meds., and want to try and find a natural supplement to help. Thanks!!!

I was first diagnosed with crohns in 1997. There is no magic bullet that works for everyone as we all know. I am also not much into herbal "cures" but from a search of university studies boswellia came up a number of times. During a fairly "calm" period I started to take 1200 mg of boswellia per day. It has been of great help. I still watch my diet and listen closely to my gut but it has been a life changer for me. I have no brand to recommend and no connection to the suppliment industry. It is not expensive and definately worth a try. All the best.