• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Has anyone tried natural therapies?

We did and still do the probiotics, fish oil and aloe vera. In our case we needed meds along with natural to achieve remission. Never tried Acupuncture.

nogutsnoglory

I have also tried many of these and still do but rely on medications. I do find garlic to be excellent at fighting the common cold.

haven't been on here in a while; so doing some browsing.
My daughter did do a more natural treatment from about Oct 2011 (when she was weaned off Entocort) until this past fall. When she went in in Aug of 2013 her inflammation #'s were up and they ran test and her CRP # was back up to about 19 - 20; so we began Remicade.
however for almost 2 years she was doing Omega 3, Marketamerica OPC3 and multivitamins (these are taken in the morning; they are powdered mixed with a small amount of water; they get absorbed very quickly. Along with that she was careful with her diet.. but not real strict. she also did aloe juice and probiotics.
Sometimes I wonder if she had gone to the acupuncturist (like I wanted her to) and was a bit more careful with her diet; if she would of stayed inflammation free or not.
If it was me I rwould go for as much natural as possible, doing gluten free etc. however she is only 26 and we just can't take the chance of her doing a ton of damage to her intestines. So remicade it is for now; and she has only had the loading 3 doses; but has done very very well with it all and is feeling good.

Wow, thank you.,, it's good to hear..
My crp marker was 105... And it took the hospital 8 months to put me in and get me a diagnosis...
I love acupuncture...

Sent from my littlefishes

id say, take 5000iu of vitamin d a day
follow a low lactose and sucrose diet similar to SCD diet.
get some extra soluble fiber, id suggest from about 600 calories of oats a day maybe more.
take a bit of turmeric and ginger daily in a tea.

there is much more then this to try and wall have some science behind them, but these are pretty helpful to start out with.

also, check out my thread on Fecal Microbiota Tranplants and how they might cure IBD-http://www.crohnsforum.com/showthread.php?t=52400

id say, take 5000iu of vitamin d a day
follow a low lactose and sucrose diet similar to SCD diet.
get some extra soluble fiber, id suggest from about 600 calories of oats a day maybe more.
take a bit of turmeric and ginger daily in a tea.

there is much more then this to try and wall have some science behind them, but these are pretty helpful to start out with.

also, check out my thread on Fecal Microbiota Tranplants and how they might cure IBD-http://www.crohnsforum.com/showthread.php?t=52400
WHY 5,000 IU of Vitamin D also what kind of D? D3?

Sorry you can't just put out a number like that blood work would be needed to show amount of Vitamin D and if adding more ( if so how much) is needed

I know of people on 20,000 IU's daily but that is only AFTER they have been checking blood every 3 mths to get the dose right other factors are consideried in Dose such as Vitamin K level and LDL/HDL levels

Why 600 calories of Oat meal? how did that number come up?

Im not trying to be a jerk but if we are giving advice we should have a base for it! or am I wrong???

??? What are you trying to say?

"Your bit wrong"

Are you trying to say I'm wrong?

I'm wrong that a person can't just guess the correct dose of a supplement?
Sure if you want to go at these things blind you can

Please provide a reason why you think I'm wrong

I can provide actual data to support my post

I am on 4000 iU of Vitamin D3 daily, Bi-weekly shot of B12, and 220 mg of Zinc twice a day. I also take a probiotic, though it doesn't seem to do much for me if I take it or not. Honestly, I have never had much luck with natural therapies or special diets... just a low residue/low fiber diet. I have tried quite a bit with this disease, and only certain medicines have calmed me down... Remicade put me in remission for 5 years (but then my body got immune to it), now Tysabri is starting to get me to the remission point as well (though I had some gnarly intestines taken out a week and a half ago, so hopefully that helps things get better).