• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Has anyone used Prometheus test to assess anti-TNF immunogenicity risk?

RiskImmune™ is a laboratory-developed test that may help identify patients at greater risk of anti-TNF antibody (ADAb) formation and could aid your therapeutic decision making.

Scipio

I have not had it, but I do know from earlier work that I do not carry the HLADQA1*05 allele, and hence I am not at increased risk.

This is a clever approach. The test is a simple genetic test to see if you carry a certain HLA gene that is associated (for unknown reasons) with increased risk of developing antibodies to anti-TNF drugs. The HLA genes are the same genes involved in recognizing foreign human cells and hence transplanted organ rejection. If you have ever been "tissue-typed" for transplantation purposes you can check the results of that to see if you carry the HLADQA1*05 gene.

This Prometheus test is merely a mini-tissue typing test to get a yes or no answer on whether you carry that one special HLA gene.