• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Has Humira Run Its Course?

Hey Everyone,

I know its been a while since I posted last, but up until recently, I have been doing well (Crohn's wise). Since last week, I have been having some pretty bad symptoms. For example, I have been having at least two bowel movements in one day, but with the trip to the bathroom, I have been dealing with painful cramps immedaitly after. When I get bad like this, I usually stick to the BRAT diet and Ensure to get a few more vitimins and protein. Medicine wise, I am just on Humira. I have aslo been pretty tired latley as well and not just becasue my work is very physical, but that does not help. I am also pretty sure that I have lost some weight as well. But what is crazy is that I will feel bad for a few days, then I will feel great for a few days. On the days I feel good, I am able to eat "normal' food again.

To make matters more frustrating, I found out a few weeks ago that my Crohn's doctor (whom I really liked) recently retired rather abruptly. He had his own health issues including cancer and neck problems, so he had a lot of compassion for us. So in the meantime, I am doctor-less. I do have a schedued appointment on May 19th, but that is like a month away and I hope I can make it that long.

So, I am wondering if my Humira has run its course (I have been on it for 5 years now), or if something else is going on. The injections do help, but it seems like they are not lasting as long as they used to.

Any :sign0085: out there??

Thanks!

my little penguin

Staff member
Ds has had to increase his humira
First to every 10 days
Then every 7
Now every 5 days so there is room to go up on the med

Good luck