• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Has mold remediation in your home improved your IBD symptoms?

Judith

Crohnsforum Science Advisor
I am curious if anyone has had a mold remediation done in their home or workplace that has improved their symptoms. Or, if anyone has recently had mold testing done in their home that has come up positive.

I ask because I know many are diagnosed with ideopathic-type IBD and the cause is yet undetermined. I am convinced the majority of houses in the US have unhealthy levels of mold (even in newer construction). One major symptom of mold exposure can manifest itself in the GI tract.

if its damp related mold- then my house is coming down with it! i have it everywhere throughout the house.

in all honesty i'm sceptical about these kind of things, i've heard many theories relating to this and that regarding what cause IBD etc. but personally i don't believe any of it lol.

Judith

Crohnsforum Science Advisor
Thanks for reply. :)
I believe there are many causes of IBD. They may be environmental, diet-related, genetic or any combination of the three.