• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Have been undiagnosed for 3 years

Hi everyone!

I'm new to this forum, and just wanted to share my story with you and see what you guys think.

I'm 23 years old and I've been sick for the last two years. Last year I finally got a colonoscopy done and got diagnosed with inflamed ileum and ulcers. The docs put me on Entocort for 4 months and I felt great. As soon as I started getting off I felt worse again and all of my symptoms came back. Then I had appendicitis and got my appendix removed which after I got C-Diff infection and got a fecal transplant done which really helped me. But about 1 month ago I started feeling very sick again and it feels like all of my symptoms from last year are back. I had a week of diarrhea which after that I got constipation instead of Diarrhea. I've been having a low grade fever for over a month every single day, horrible joint pain, body itching and rashes, eye itchiness and pain as well as nausea, cramps, rectal pain and bloating. I got a CT scan done which showed possible inflammation of the ileum and fat stranding but the capsule didn't show anything. I just moved to NY area about three months ago so I don't trust the doctors very well here yet, and actually going to see a new GI tomorrow. But wanted to see what you guys think. Thanks a lot.

Welcome. I am sorry for all you have been through. You might want to see a rheumatologist about the joint pain. I would be concerned about the low grade fever especially for as long as it has lasted. I am glad you are seeing a GI. He will probably want to run some tests. Let us know what they find out and how you are doing. You can always come here.

Welcome. I am sorry for all you have been through. You might want to see a rheumatologist about the joint pain. I would be concerned about the low grade fever especially for as long as it has lasted. I am glad you are seeing a GI. He will probably want to run some tests. Let us know what they find out and how you are doing. You can always come here.

Thank you so much for your support! I'm seeing a GI tomorrow and a rheumatologist on Thursday, and I'll definitely let you know what they say. Thanks again!

cmack

Staff member
Hi Katrina,

Welcome, it sounds like you are having a very rough time. I am here if you need to talk or just vent. I appreciate your struggle, I have had a few myself. I really feel for you and I wish you all the best. I am also undiagnosed so I get it.

You can chat with me any time, pm's are cool too.

Welcome again, keep in touch.

Your new teammate,

cmack

Hi Katrina,

Welcome, it sounds like you are having a very rough time. I am here if you need to talk or just vent. I appreciate your struggle, I have had a few myself. I really feel for you and I wish you all the best. I am also undiagnosed so I get it.

You can chat with me any time, pm's are cool too.

Welcome again, keep in touch.

Your new teammate,

cmack

Thank you so much, I really appreciate your support!!