• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Have Crohn's ~ Try to Manage It

Hello Everybody, :ghug:

I'm MisterDave and I have Crohn's disease. I'm in my late 30s and I was diagnosed when I was 22. I began having problems around 22, (bleeding, fatigue, irritability, etc.) but my stomach always gave me fits throughout childhood and school. I use to throw up in the car all the time from 2nd Grade until 7th Grade.

My disease was pretty manageable up until around 2006. After that I would relapse with my mood swings being the worst of my symptoms. I am actually a danger to some people if I'm around them, so I just don't go around them. I say this because some insensitive types don't understand the emotional context with Crohn's. And my particular Crohn's can cause me to flare up and blow up on people if they are not totally "at peace with the world" all the time.

It turns out that "people" and certain types of human interactions make me sick. When I stay at home, rest properly, relax properly, and do my free-thinking hobbies...my Crohn's rarely flares up. I also try to stay as active as possible at home and when I run basic errands. Keeping blood flow is good...staying busy is good.

My methods of control involve cannabis usage, herbal teas, proper sleep, meditation, a proper diet that doesn't consist of too many waste foods, and just trying to meet the right people and be happy.

Keeping a positive mind is always good. And it's always good to surround yourself with positive people. Negative people and vibes will inflame Crohn's more than anything.

Also, if any of you are in the process of gaining disability for Crohn's please pm me. I'm going thru the process because I worked for 20 years with the disease, but it got to be too much. It's too unpredictable to work with in the corporate sector.

There should be automatic benefits for ALL PEOPLE with Crohn's Disease. :ybatty:

Anyway, nice to meet everybody!