• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Have you had food allergy testing done and do you still eat allergen positive foods?

Judith

Crohnsforum Science Advisor
I was wondering how many people have had food allergy testing done. If so, what was the result and do you currently still eat the foods that came up positive in the testing? Also, has anyone tried the rotation diet and has it helped?

David

Co-Founder
I've had the allergy test done and cut out the "red" foods and most of the "yellow" foods.

Rotation diet? I've been pondering the idea of not eating something I eat for X days so that if my immune system marked that food as an antigen, then I'd wait for the cells my body produces to combat it to die off. Is that the idea behind the rotation diet or is it something else?