• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Have you heard of 'Power of Two'

I have been doing a bit of research about support groups in my area, especially for teens, and I have had trouble finding any. I saw something on the CCFA website called Power of Two. From what I understand, you answer some questions and then they pair you up with a peer, or a mentor. You can email, skype, or call. It sounds like a really good idea to me, but it doesnt look like many people are doing it, so there arent many people to be paired up with.
Has anyone else heard of it, or are you doing it yourself?

nogutsnoglory

I saw it but didn't feel like going through the interview process. I can help people here and in person at meetings but it is a great idea.

Pm me anytime and there are several people on here like me ready and welling to talk social networking or by phone I don't care I've been dealing with it for 13yrs now.

Hi fishylove,
I've heard of it as well and CCFA has talked to my son about it but he has never done it. He is around the same age as you - 14. Keep us posted if you decide to do it, I would be interested in how it goes.

I was at a CCFA event in the bay area and they were promoting Power of Two. Not sure how many are active in it, seems like a good idea though. Let us know if you sign up and it helps.

As others have said, if you need someone to talk to there are lots of nice people here willing to listen and help as well. Myself included if there's anything I can do.