• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Having a flare up and need some TLC xx

Newby to this site 😊I was diagnosed with crohns
five years ago and it's been under control for most of that time,I'm having a flare up at the moment and I feel so ill, I'm on 50 mg mercaptopurine 4 pantassa and prednisone , iv been on the steroids for 4 weeks now and still feel awful i ache all over and am so tired, I'm normally a positive person but really struggling at the moment need to talk to people that understand 😞

nogutsnoglory

I'm so sorry you are suffering. This is a great place to vent and look for support because we all have been there and get it. Do you think these pains are the flare or side effect of the drugs? Either way sounds pretty miserable :(

Iv been on the same meds for a long time now so am thinking not but seeing my consultation tomorrow and having a MRI on fri so fingers crossed just feel rubbish x

I used to be on 25mg of mercaptopurine and now on 50mg do you think I might be having side effects? Been reading a lot about people coming off there meds altogether and just changing there diet what do you think?

nogutsnoglory

The med increase or just being on prednisone too long could have really taken a toll on your body. I think it's important to focus on diet but think for moderate to aggressive disease that generally diet alone is not sufficient.

I went off my meds and tried diet alone. I became terribly ill. For some it works, for others it doesn't. I sm so sorry to hear how ill you feel. (((Hugs)))

I'm newly diagnosed but have been in the hospital twice so far with problems. The first time I wasn't diagnosed yet with Crohn's and the last time (just a few days ago) was because I had another ileus and horrible pain. Both times they put me on high IV steriod doses. I've also been on prednisone 40mg daily for 2 months now. And I still feel horrible like when my problems first started 2 months ago. I know I'm not much help but I think it must be somewhat normal to be on the high dose of steriods while in the hospital. At least my small rural local hospital seems to think so. Hopefully you will find relief soon!