• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Headaches after Eating?

Hey guys,

Looking for a bit of advice.

I have noticed that recently, after I eat, I am getting really bad headaches. The pain is behind my right eye/temple area. I've called my consultant nurse to see if it could be caused by my CD but she said she really doesnt think so, she's never heard of it happening before.

I've started a food diary this week, and noticed that it happened right after I had eaten a bit of spag bol on Monday night, and today its happened after a chicken mayo sandwich on brown bread. Anyone know if these two foods have anything in common I should try avoiding? Or what else could be causing it?

Sorry, I know my nurse said, it probably hasnt anything to do with crohns, but I know you lot are very knowledgable people who could maybe shed some light on this ;)

Thanks in advance for any replies.

DJW

Forum Monitor
It's an additive used to enhance the flavor of food. I can't even begin to spell it. I'm on an old iPhone or I'd google it and post.
What the heck, I'll take a crack at it.
MSG - monosodium glutamate ???

Haha thank you! I'll google it just now, I just dont always understand what I read, thought it would be in more simpler terms for me the thicko on here :p

Could it be the cheese grated over your spag ball?its not uncommon and unrelated to crohns.try a piece on its own when you don,t have a headache.cheers

Thanks Alex, I'll give it a try over the weekend.

Had it again yesterday while I was in Leeds, it only lasts like an hour then disappears as quickly as it comes. Got a GPs app on Monday anyway so hopefully find out.