• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Headaches from prednisone?

headaches from prednisone?

My other major health problem is migraines. I'm on Prednisone for ulcerative colitis, and I've had a migraine every day for the last 8 days, plus 4 of the 8 days prior to that. Part of that is I had my period this week, but migraines this frequently is unusual even for me. I have to take opiates to control the pain, then Miralax to prevent constipation from the opiates.

I googled headaches and Prednisone and it does seem to be a side effect. With me, all headaches turn into migraines. Has anyone else experienced headaches with Prednisone?

I notice I have more headaches when I am on prednisone, but not migraines. The headaches I get while on prednisone are more of a pressure in my temples and a slight ache. It is usually not painful enough for me to take anything, just annoying.

Entchen

Chief Dandelion Picker
Yes to headaches. This is Day #4 on prednisone for me, and Day #4 with at least a few hours with a headache each day. I do not get migraines, though. That must be just agony for you.

Yeah, I get real bad headaches on some days.
They're only ever in the morning when I wake up though.
Normally, what I do is take some co-codamol and try and go back to sleep for a little bit.
Always seems to work, if I can get to sleep.

I'm very relieved that it is the Prednisone. For a while, I didn't know what was going on. All of a sudden my migraines had gone from bad to completely out of control. I was getting ready to call my neurologist. At least now I know what's going on. I can't wait to get off this Prednisone.

i was getting mild headaches after a week on predisone and now GI stoped me cold turkey from it today and it triggered a migrane now another dr tellng me to taper off by 10 mg every 2 days