• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Healing......again

Hello all!
I am currently at home recovering from my 2nd colon resection and have decided to seek the companionship of others in my position.
God bless my husband, he tries as hard as he can be simply does not understand that my disease is just not a case of 'stomach upset'.
I will not elaborate on my history as I am sure it will mirror so many on here. On my 2nd colon resection from last Thursday, March 14. Hoping to just meet some people I can relate to and get ideas to better my life in general.
Peace and love to all.
Janel

Best wishes and healing thoughts to you Janel! Hope you make a speedy recovery. I have had Crohn's since '73 and had a resection then. No further surgery to date but in a bit of a relapse presently. Hoping to avoid more surgery so trying to be good with meds and diet etc ... Welcome to the forum. I just joined this week.

Unless you have sat on our loo (so to speak) it is difficult for some people to understand the inconvenience, pain and embarrassment of the condition. My family have been fantastic because it has been with us from the start. My husband can be a little over concerned for me but I'd rather have that than him not.

Dawn

Angrybird

Hello Janel and welcome to the forum :)

Sorry to hear that you have had to have another op, I take it you are now back home recovering? Are you on any meds currently for the crohn's and are there any plans to to change these? Given the two ops you have now had if they have not already then I would recommend that your docs start checking your vitamin levels as it is common to have deficiencies in this area especially after these type of surgeries.

Wishing you all the best.

AB
xx

Thanks to both of you.
I am currently off meds because my surgeon wants me to completely heal before starting meds because I will be on immune system suppressant.
I have contacted a friend of mine who has gone on a no preservative/no processed food diet and she has not had a symptom in 6 years!
I am starting slow but moving in that direction!