• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Healing from proctocolostmy

My husband is 9 days out from total proctocolostmy , he seems to be healing fine but is bothered to feel how the stitching feels in his butt crack like he has none! And it’s the most bothersome area. For tender and pain. What have others experienced and he is hopeing the surgery did not do a poor job on this part of closing it up. He has suffered from Crohns 4 yrs, thanks Sheri caretaker

it is a horrible place to have a wound, best bet is to really rest it, and do /move as little as possible for a while so the healing takes, i was up and about and getting out of the hosp bed with just a bit of pain after 10 days or so,there was a knack of doing it,keeping the legs together as much as possible to not stress the wound,mine ended up being a big problem after an infection set in, and ended up with it open for 3 years, wouldnt wish that on anyone,just had surgery to cut all the area out again and with the plastic surgeon closing things up with flap surgery, still sore but, far better,
so really rest that wound and dont push things,its only 9 days, the bonus is, sounds like no infection, good news