• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Health insurance denied me for humira!

I am so mad! My insurance company. It is private insurance, has denied me humira because they say that I have been non-compliant with my Pentasa and imuran...I said" explain" because I am very compliant! They stated there was a 3 week lag in filing my prescriptions in the past . I have been on pentassa sincere January and imuran for about 3 months.

My GI had to fax letter over to appea,, in the meantime I am swollen and bloated and generally feel like crap!!! Anyone else have problems with insurance? What really ticks me off, is the I have BS secondary!!

I told the smug b%%%%% on the phone that they may be responsible for putting me in the hospital if they don't do something!:(:frown: by the way, it is McLaren health advantage

first take a deep breathe.....i am going thru the same thing....i have been fighting a flare for 3 months because instead of Humira they (insurance) made me try cimzia which my body rejected....and now going to Humira but first i have to do the appeals process....in the mean time im on disability and short term is running out and i may lose my job....its a long drawn out process ...which i totally think is crazy and unfair....we have to sit and suffer while paperwork is done.....hang tough i pray it all works for u

Thanks for the pep talk. It is so frustrating to have some paper pusher retired dr tell me what is best 4 me, when my GI says I need the biologics. I am sorry for your troubles as well. I wish that both if us will get the treatment we need and deserve!!!

Thanks bosox, I also just finished my 4 injection loading dose. On a scale of 1-10 I thought it hurt (stung) like a 7. It felt like a bad bee sting, but only lasted for about 15 seconds. My legs are a little sore now, but am glad it's over! Now ,have a 14 day gap, then 2 more shots, them after that only. 1 every 2,weeks... Hopefully this will dote trick, and put me in remission so that I can get on with life!!:):D

I went through several denials before I was finally approved for Humira. I hate it when insurance companies play doctor. When that was going on, my surgeon suggested suing them for practicing medicine without a license.

To you all with insurance company problems, I feel your pain I'm very sorry to hear the insurance companies playing doctors. I have no insurance but soon I will have insurance that will not cover for me for pre-existing conditions. Thankfully Abbott labs has me on the patient assistance program. Without it I'd be up the creek in the weeds behind the eight ball. I Support and when willing to help you all if I can with the Patient assistance program process paperwork. I feel your pain guys keep your heads high and let me know if I can help.

Thank you for your support! I am very fortunate in that I have insurance and even though they played "dr" with my health , they did approve my humira. I really let them have it though with words. I also was able to get copy assistance thru the humira company. They have been absolutely
wonderful to me in all ways!

I just hope that it works as well as their programs! Good luck to you !!:D

Abbott labs has been really proven to be more flexible and willing to work with patients than the insurance companies who ensure the people who were sick. In my opinion whoray. for Abbott labs. I'm not sure if it will get worse under the affordable care act or better with insurance companies trying to play doctor. This concerns me.