• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Health

Hi everyone,

I’m finding lately my anxiety is so high, with getting extra blood work from the hemotologist has sent me into panic mode.
does anyone struggle with taking care of their general health while handling crohns? This is something I really struggle with especially since becoming a mom, one of my goals for 2022 is to improve that.

... raises hand

I really wish i had sage words of advice

I've get results for hemoglobin/hemocrit and a few other markers that just absolutely make no sense in a crohns patient
... and a buncha anomolies as well

Truly sucks to not know what they mean!

I've become a bit needle shy over it
... if theyd just take the time to explain what they mean, things would become much more comfortable

I get you on the anxiety thing
... it's really become a problem for me (at times) recently

About the only thing that's been working for me is to try and live in the here and now
You've got a beautiful baby
... that im sure comes with its own challenges ...

But, wow, what a cool oprotunity to experience all the new things that babies do
Live thru their eyes and experience all the wonder of the world

If your child has a good day, so will you! :)

Hi, everything will be fine, you should take care of your health because Crohn's disease is not the end of the world and as far as I know many people live with it. My grandfather has had this disease for many years, and everything was fine with him until my grandmother was found to have dementia. And because her dementia is progressing, my grandfather is very worried, and perhaps this will affect the state of his intestines. I hope we can beat this, and first, I need to find a caregiver who can keep track of my relatives. So good luck to you, you'll be fine!

Last edited: