• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Heartburn after ileocaecal resection

Hi all!
One of the first symptoms of Crohn's I noticed was heartburn and reflux. It’s been controlled with rabeprazole for many years. I’ve noticed an increase in heartburn following laparoscopic illeocaecal resection 13 days who. I initially had a couple of days of diarrhoea but that has now settled and I’m pain free essentially. It’s only the heartburn and reflux that is bothering me at the moment. Has anyone got similar experience? I was warned about potential diarrhoea but not heartburn. Tia 😊

Many thanks for your reply. The ppi I’m on is stronger than the one you suggest so not sure if that would improve things but was really wanting to know if others had had similar experiences and if it settles? Many thanks lindsay 😊

Lynda Lynda

Hi.
It is 11:54pm and I am having a terrible heartburn reflux attack. I understand what you are going through. This is worse than the diarrhea.

Hope we both find answers soon. :ghug: