• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Heavy air pollution causing Crohn's flare?

Hi all,

have you heard of someone's Crohn's flaring from smog / heavy air pollution (category "very unhealthy", chronically ill, pregnant women, elderly and children advised to stay inside)?

I just read that there is a small amount of studies that are growing that say that air pollution can contribute to Crohns Disease.

I was at a vehicle auction about 2-3 years ago this was indoors but the doors were open where the vehicles were being driven in and out.
Anyway a few hours later I was driving home and started to feel violentley ill I started throwing up feeling like crap and had to speed home get in the tub and started puking and pooing at the same time and this lasted for a few hours then stopped and I felt fine afterwards it was like a really weird flare that came and went and the next day I just felt like crap like I usually do from crohn's