• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Heel Pain?

I have just finished by third loading dose, and have been on Entyvio for about six weeks now. I now have to wait another two months before another infusion.

My side effects so far have been:
- Rash.
- Excruciating heel pain that my family practitioner has deemed Plantar Fasciatis.

I also stopped taking Prednisone about two weeks ago, from taking it for about three months.

Anyone else experience excruciating pain in their heels and can barely walk while on Entyvio or at least coming off of Prednisone?

Thanks!

Did your doc discuss EIMs (extra intestinal manifestations) of Crohn's disease with you? There are EIMS that involve eyes, joints skin etc. Plantar fasciitis falls under the musculoskeletal EIMS

So if you can find no link to the meds this may be the cause.

Here is a NIH paper about it
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11429669

Did your doc discuss EIMs (extra intestinal manifestations) of Crohn's disease with you? There are EIMS that involve eyes, joints skin etc. Plantar fasciitis falls under the musculoskeletal EIMS

So if you can find no link to the meds this may be the cause.

Here is a NIH paper about it
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11429669
See, I have heard of those EIMs, and have considered it. But, I've been diagnosed with Crohns Disease for over a decade and didn't start having this pain until two - three weeks after starting Entyvio. Which makes me highly suspicious of the Entyvio.

Hopefully others will come by with their experiences with entyvio and that can shed some light on what you are experiencing.

I hope it resolves quickly!

Not sure if this helps, but whenever I taper off steroids I get really bad knee pain. When I was younger I had a really bad flare up that lasted about 5 years and I had the worse knee pain with this really bad long term flare up. I had to get steroid shots and pain shots just so I could walk. I don't really know that much about Entyvio. My doctor just suggested it to me last week after having horrible side effects from all the other medications I have tried.

Lisa

Adminstrator
Staff member
I get VERY bad heel pain at times, part of it depends on what shoes I am wearing and how long I am on my feet - have you recently changed the type/style of footwear you are using? Seems simple, but it may be a cause. Not to say that it couldn't be aggravated by crohns'.

I have just finished by third loading dose, and have been on Entyvio for about six weeks now. I now have to wait another two months before another infusion.

My side effects so far have been:
- Rash.
- Excruciating heel pain that my family practitioner has deemed Plantar Fasciatis.

I also stopped taking Prednisone about two weeks ago, from taking it for about three months.

Anyone else experience excruciating pain in their heels and can barely walk while on Entyvio or at least coming off of Prednisone?

Thanks!
just saw this post. I also was just diagnosed with the plantar fasciitis- pain in heels and swollen heels . I have never had foot issues on the past it is kind of weird?!