• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Hello all!

Hi, I don't have crohns but have had a low rectalvaginal fistula since the birth of my first daughter in 2011 due to forceps delivery and a 4th degree tear. Needless to say I had an elective section with my second daughter last July. Between the 2 births I had tests done to diagnose a weak interanal sphincter and the fistula. I decided to wait until after my second child to have the fistula repaired. In March this year I had a seton in place for drainage and last week (13/7/15) had this removed and a LIFT procedure performed. I would to hear of any success stories with a similar story to mine as I am doubtful mine has worked. I'm feeling very low and alone even though I have a great husband and family. It's hard to discuss with anyone else as they can't really understand the emotional impact it has on someone having to live with something like this.

DJW

Forum Monitor
Hi and welcome.

I love your username.
I know how frustrating a nd embarrassing fistulas are. Lots of people hear deal with them.
Check out the fistula subforum (sorry, can't paste a link on this device.

Sending you my support.