• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Hello!!! Another newbie here ^.~

Hello, nice to meet all of you!

I was diagnosed with Crohn's 3-4 years ago. Honestly, it was a relief to finally know why I was feeling the way I was feeling. A lot of my previous doctors were convinced I was faking, or that I just had a weak immune system. But that all meant was they had no idea what was wrong.

I had to quit collage part way through the semester a few years ago due to a bad flare up. Last semester I took an online class, and this semester I will take my first class on campus since then. If all goes well this semester I will try taking more classes next semester, and hopefully go back to full time next winter semester!

I have been working at a small family practice as an office assistant for almost a year. I only work around 10 hours a week. Which, I understand is not what most people want, but that amount has been great for me.

As for fun, well I really like watching cute shows like Penguins of Madagascar and My Little Pony. My brother got me a ps3 for Christmas, and that has been really fun, so far Dragon Age Inquisition has been my favorite game.

Last edited:

DJW

Forum Monitor
Hi and welcome.

I'm glad to hear you've found work that fits your situation.
Hope things work out for school.

SarahBear

Welcome to the forum!

It's frustrating when your doctors don't believe you! I had the same experience. On the plus side, because of that, the diagnosis is more of a relief than anything.

It's great that you're still able to continue working and classes at a pace comfortable to you. Keep it up!

:hug: