• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Hello CF

Hey I'm 16 years old my name is Zach and I have had crohns since I was 13 but have had the symptoms since I was 10.
I was first diagnosed with UC (wrongly) and then I was told it was impossible for me to have any disease as I was gaining weight! I then went to my current GI and was diagnosed with crohns.
I just got homebound this year as I've been missing a lot of school due to this disease.
I take 1 pred 3 asacol and 1 nexium right now.
My hobbies are playing Xbox and in remission I enjoy playing basketball
I'm really into watching hockey football soccer and basketball :ysmile:

Also my role model is former QB for the Jacksonville Jaguars David Garrad as he has crohns as well and has donated a lot of money to ccfa

Angrybird

Hello Zach and welcome to the forum :)

I am sorry to hear that you have had to put up with this at such a young age :( How are you doing tummy wise with your current meds? Have you been advised on any type of dietary changes to make? How often are you seeing your doc for check ups?

It's great you have decided to join and please do also check out our teen sub forum as well: http://www.crohnsforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=67.

AB
xx

Hello Zach and welcome to the forum :)

I am sorry to hear that you have had to put up with this at such a young age :( How are you doing tummy wise with your current meds? Have you been advised on any type of dietary changes to make? How often are you seeing your doc for check ups?

It's great you have decided to join and please do also check out our teen sub forum as well:

AB
xx
I still have a lot of aches and pains but it was a lot worse when I was undiagnosed as I was bleeding a whole lot then. I have changed my diet as I have minimized my fruit/vegetable and dairy. I still eat a little gluten but not as often as I used to. I gave up fastfood but Arby's I don't know why but it doesn't give me any stomach problems. I also go to my GI every other month

Angrybird

Is the tum itself fully settled yet? Aches and pains can occur if this are still a bit active inside and it can take a while for the body to recover from a flare up,especially if it has been a nasty one. Also when you next see your doc it may be worth asking to have your vitamin levels checked to make sure there are not any issues in this area.

Is the tum itself fully settled yet? Aches and pains can occur if this are still a bit active inside and it can take a while for the body to recover from a flare up,especially if it has been a nasty one. Also when you next see your doc it may be worth asking to have your vitamin levels checked to make sure there are not any issues in this area.
My stomach isn't fully settled yet as I had a flare recently. And I haven't checked my vitamin levels so I'll ask next time I go.

I also experience joint discomfort during a flare. But is it normal right before a flare I always get a rash type thing on my fingers?

Angrybird

If you have been on these meds for two years and have just had a flare up then I do wonder whether they are actually doing the job. When will you next be seeing your doc? It seems to me that they may need to look into a different treatment for you......