• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Hello everyone-new to the group

Hello everyone, I am presently undiagnosed, but have my first appointment with a GI on Oct 12, and was told to expect a colonoscopy soon after.

Luckily, my primary Dr truly listens so when I finally had enough I went to her and she immediately took me seriously, told me she suspects Crohn's because of my symptoms and family history (Grandfather, Aunt, and 2 cousins) but that there is no way to know for sure without further tests.

I have had symptoms since 2012 but they were quite mild so I didn't start to take them seriously until this January. Not only was I having urgent diarrhea, but I also started to have pain. Different types all the time, dull and achy, stabbing, cramping, you name it I felt it. What I didn't realize until I started looking into the disease is that I've had other symptoms that I had no idea were related i.e: fatigue, joint paint, loss of appetite.....I always just swept those under the rug or made excuses, I always thought I was tired because I have 3 kids, but I now realize it's much more than that. So now, nearing the end of September I have had maybe a total of 3 weeks all year that I have felt normal and to be completely honest, I'm exhausted.....up all hours of the night in pain, constantly hungry but never wanting to eat, more hours in the bathroom than I care to admit. I feel like I am at the end of my rope. My husband is wonderful and does his best to understand, and helps as much as he can, but it's hard not to feel like a burden to everyone.
Wow, I went on a bit more than I intended, maybe I just needed to vent a bit. Anyways, I hope to have much more information after my appointment in October. Thank you for letting me vent, and I hope everyone is doing as well as we can.

Jennifer

Adminstrator
Staff member
Welcome to the forum! :)

Be sure to bring a list of all of your symptoms, questions and concerns if you have any when you see your GI. Hope your appointment goes well! Keep us posted. You're not a burden at all. Feel free to vent anytime. :)

fuzzy butterfly

Hi and welcome, sorry you need to be here of course.. but please feel free to vent as jennifer said , we are here to listen, support, help and provide a laugh now n then, as they say it's the best medicine..
I hope you get some answers at your appointment, and start some treatment thats helps ease your symtoms. take care n let us know how things go, n remember we are here if you need us. best wishes ..

Thank you both so much! It's so nice to talk to people who truly understand what I'm going through. I have a list of questions to ask the Dr. that I add to almost weekly, and have listed all of my symptoms, so hopefully all goes well.
Again thank you both for allowing me to vent, I appreciate it!

Toni