• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Hello Everyone

I"m Susan and I was diagnosed in Sept of 2015, on Humira and Methotrexate. Symptoms started in August of 2015 just all of a sudden, in fact we were getting ready to tee off when all of a sudden I had no energy, barely could stand up. I knew I was not walking 18 holes. So I have had the colonoscopy which showed my Crohns starts at my throat down through my full small bowel. At first, I was being infused once a week with my vitamins, minerals and trace elements and Iron, now its once a month and my iron is good! B12 and infusion for the rest of my life. My illem is shot, problem is I had a gastric bypass almost 20 years ago, so my small intestine has been rerouted. Since diagnosis I have put on 20 plus pounds. The Dietician told me No, whole wheat, no veggies, no fruit, No Fiber, so that leaves me eating Junk! I play competitive tennis and Golf, which now, I have not got the energy to play. when I do play, I am in so much pain, I have to go to bed, and when I drive home, I have to force myself out of the car. I have never had diarrhea with it, I have lots of nausea which comes on out of the blue, but once again since I had the bypass, I cannot throw up. sometimes it would be wonderful to just get rid of the feeling. I find my self just crying cause I feel so bad, horrible, tired, blue. I really need to eat better! HOW? So now I have 5 auto immunes! Why? Why is my body attacking me? Honest, I have taken care of it! I used to cycle, I crashed doing a 100 mile benefit ride. Well thanks for letting me vent!

It is very frustrating and depressing when you have to change your life style due illness or injury. Hang in there with the support it can get better but first go ahead and get angry. You have the right to be angry and depressed but if it goes on for months or years tell your doctor.

Didn't the dietitian give you a copy of a diet to follow so you know what you can eat? If not you should see a dietitian to help you adjust.

Lots of luck

Welcome. I can't eat any wheat or gluten. I eat gluten free bread. I agree about a dietitian and you can do a food diary to see what foods aggravate your gut.

It makes me hurt reading your write up! Good luck and hope you are able to get outside and swing the racquet this summer.

My tennis season beings next week. I'm very much looking forward to it, but can entirely relate to the terrible energy experience. Far to often it takes all I have in me to make it to the court, and that is before hitting. I always have a good time socially but the lack of energy is painful to push through.
Today is day 30 of my stomach being well. Yay! The diet I'm on seems to be working. Probably jinxed myself with saying that but if the good gut days continue my tennis hitting should improve. Feeling as if I played a 5 set match before coming to the courts isn't a winning strategy. Hmmm.... my hitting partners might be in for a surprise this summer I remain well to the stomach.

I avoid wheat gluten also. It wasn't a cure for me, but helped improve my situation. For other dietary ideas you might take a look at the diet section. The popular diet many follow is called the SCD. it works for some. There are other meal ideas too. The diet section can be seen here:

http://www.crohnsforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17

With having 5 AI conditions, have you heard of low dose naltrexone (LDN)? I've been mentioning it of late to others. It is a lesser known prescription generic drug that helps improve most AI conditions. It has few side effects. One of the problems some encounter is that LDN isn't on most doctors prescription rotation, so it is typically not mentioned as an option.

The LDN section on the sight can be seen here in the treatment section:

http://www.crohnsforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32

and a LDN book I recently read that I found a good read on MS and autoimmune diseases was this:

"Up the Creek with a Paddle Beat MS and All Autoimmune Disorders with Low Dose Naltrexone (LDN)"

http://www.amazon.com/Creek-Paddle-...p/B0050C8KFK/ref=mt_kindle?_encoding=UTF8&me=

Apologize for the long post. Hope it helps. Best with the tennis hitting.

It makes me hurt reading your write up! Good luck and hope you are able to get outside and swing the racquet this summer.

My tennis season beings next week. I'm very much looking forward to it, but can entirely relate to the terrible energy experience. Far to often it takes all I have in me to make it to the court, and that is before hitting. I always have a good time socially but the lack of energy is painful to push through.
Today is day 30 of my stomach being well. Yay! The diet I'm on seems to be working. Probably jinxed myself with saying that but if the good gut days continue my tennis hitting should improve. Feeling as if I played a 5 set match before coming to the courts isn't a winning strategy. Hmmm.... my hitting partners might be in for a surprise this summer I remain well to the stomach.

I avoid wheat gluten also. It wasn't a cure for me, but helped improve my situation. For other dietary ideas you might take a look at the diet section. The popular diet many follow is called the SCD. it works for some. There are other meal ideas too. The diet section can be seen here:

http://www.crohnsforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17

With having 5 AI conditions, have you heard of low dose naltrexone (LDN)? I've been mentioning it of late to others. It is a lesser known prescription generic drug that helps improve most AI conditions. It has few side effects. One of the problems some encounter is that LDN isn't on most doctors prescription rotation, so it is typically not mentioned as an option.

The LDN section on the sight can be seen here in the treatment section:

http://www.crohnsforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32

and a LDN book I recently read that I found a good read on MS and autoimmune diseases was this:

"Up the Creek with a Paddle Beat MS and All Autoimmune Disorders with Low Dose Naltrexone (LDN)"

http://www.amazon.com/Creek-Paddle-...p/B0050C8KFK/ref=mt_kindle?_encoding=UTF8&me=

Apologize for the long post. Hope it helps. Best with the tennis hitting.
Hope you continue feeling well.