• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Hello from the new girl.

I am 50 yr old recently diagnosed with Lymphocytic Colitis after having a Colonoscopy w/biopsy. I have just been put on Budesonide after 2 1/2 months of unending misery, WD. I sought help after a very embarrassing public accident. The sticker shock at the pharmacy was a reality check for me, I hope this works! I have tons of questions, have read a lot of stuff online but am anxious to hear from people who are really living with this. Especially since very little is known about this. I have been taking one of the controversial anti-depressants but am hoping it won't be necessary to stop it since my life is unfortunately full of large amounts of stress at every turn. I have had bowel problems my whole life but always dismissed as stomach bugs or something. I knew I had dairy issues, never gave it much thought until the last couple of months. Any helpful info is most welcome.

Last edited:
Welcome.
I personally don't know much about Lymphositic colitis, but I'm sure you will find a ton of information on this site from knowledgeable people.
I have been taking Budesonide for years, and it has always been incredibly helpful. The bad news is I am unable to wean off, even though I am also on Remicade and Lialda. It is meant to be used as a short term med, but my MD believes it is the lesser evil, because if I stop, I will definitely end up having my second bowel resection.
I'm sorry for your suffering and that there is a need for you to be here, but welcome and good luck on getting the help/information you need.

David

Co-Founder
Welcome to the community. I was diagnosed with LC and am in long term remission (and tend to think of myself as cured as LC is curable). It CAN and WILL get better.