• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Hello, I am a new member and want to talk

Hello,

My name is Sean and I am 29 years old living in Scotland. I have just registered with this forum. I was diagnosed with Crohn's Disease February 2015 and spent 12 days in hospital. I have had various tests and scopes. I was put on Infliximab but my body fights against it and the effects only last for 3-4 weeks which is a shame because it really worked for that period. I have recently been moved to Humira and I have currently had 3 treatments and due my 4th on Monday 31st. So far the Humira has failed to show any signs that it is working. I now cannot eat solid foods or I suffer with severe stomach pains and vomitting. My blood haemoglobin is low and I am exhausted all the time - i feel like i could easily fall asleep at my desk in work! I have spoken to my doctor recently and she suspects that I will need surgery (not had any surgery yet) soon and we are starting the ball rolling with that while we monitor the Humira. If I am honest I am not completely convinced that my IBD team is great and I do not feel like I get a good service as an outpatient.

My condition and the recent thought of surgery as a reality has started to get to me and I find myself getting upset sometimes. I hope that getting involved with this forum and joining a community where I can talk to others with IBD can help with this.

Thank you for reading the brief version of my story so far and please feel free to reply and talk.

Thanks
Sean

Hello Sean, welcome on the forum i'm new here too :) .I hope Humira will work and you'll not need surgery ! All the best, Andrew.

Thanks Andrew. I think I read a recent post of yours and someone suggested Buscapan?

How do you find the forum?

Yes Scott suggested me Bruscopan is for abdominal pain, i will ask my doctor about it
The forum is very nice you can find a lot about crohn and is really nice to speake with people who know how is to be tired all day..to flare up and things like that...:rosette1:

Thanks for the support.

There is no stricture but my large intestine is swollen and is restricting solid foods basically. The meds I am on are not working in terms of reducing inflammation, swelling, soreness etc so surgery looks likely at some point. The thought of surgery & stoma are pretty scary/upsetting.

Finding a diet or foods that agree with me is proving difficult :(