• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Hello i am a newbie with Barrett's Esophagus & Duodenal bulb ulcers

Hello to all! New here and needed someone to talk to about my medical problems. I have had acid reflux for a long time and had the most problems with it at night when sleeping. It would wake me up choking on the acid coming up from my stomach and end up in my lungs causing me to choke on it. So over time i have now been diagnosed with Barrett's Esophagus & Duodenal bulb ulcers. I am now on meds and on a bland diet. I was thinking about using aloe vera gel for healing of my ulcers and esophagus. I wanted to know if anyone else has used this natural remedy also. Like to hear from you!:rosette1:

David

Co-Founder
Welcome to the community.

I'm personally quite against aloe vera gel. There are way too many companies marketing it in malicious ways so I don't trust it in the least.

So tell me what is bad about it. I have a huge plant outside in my yard ,but have not thought about using it till now. Can you please tell me why it would be bad to use the gel?:confused2:

David

Co-Founder
I can't say for sure that it would be bad. As mentioned, my viewpoint is based upon the underhanded marketing that these companies have partook in. It is so bad that I actually suspect you of being a guerilla marketer considering you don't have Crohn's disease yet are posting on a Crohn's disease forum. If you're one of the very few with a legit and sincere question, it sucks, because you get caught up in the malicious activities of these companies and drowned out.