• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Hello, Im new here...

Please feel free to share any details. We are an accepting and helpful bunch I feel and NO topic is off limits. Welcome to the forum.

Tesscorm

Staff member
I'm glad you've found this forum - so many great people to help answer questions and give support. My son was diagnosed almost two years ago and the friends I've made here have been invaluable in helping me get through everything from dealing with the diagnosis, to learning about tests and treatment options and have offered some great shoulders to lean on when I just needed understanding and support! :)

How can we help you? Were you just diagnosed or are you having difficulties dealing with symptoms/flare?

Let us know... :ghug:

Thank you so much! im 32 years old and i feel like 80....I have Crohn’s Disease. It has led to giving me Sacroilitis….were I’m in so much pain I can’t walk….it hurts so bad I have had to take pain meds to where I can’t drive and can’t work …can’t even work out….the thing that I need to feel normal. They have put me through so many medications its scary. The side effects for one was hair loss and repercutions years later. I’m angry cause I just want my life back…. I’m on disability and they found something else wrong and have to have surgery…If anyone has this please let me know if they have found a way to deal with this easier.

Hi Precio5. I am sorry you are having so much pain. You need to get the medication that will work for you. talk to your doctor. Have you tried Remicade? it works for both, crohn's and sacrolitis. I know is scary with all the side effects, but not everybody gets them. You will get your life back once you can get in remission. You are not alone in this. This forum has great people to support you. Be positive and don't let any illness run your life. everything will get better soon. Please let us know how it goes with your surgery.

Hi there,

Sorry you're having such a hard time, you have definitely come to the right place for help and support. I've had sacroiliitis for 13 years diagnosed with crohns last december. I find that heat is the best thing for soothing my SI joint and my sore tum, I use the heat things you microwave, before that I used to walk around with a hot water bottle down the back of my trousers, it really worked a treat. I know its not the answer to everything but i do find that when I've had all the pain relief I'm allowed that the warmth does wonders. Good luck with the surgery, take care and keep in touch. :hug: