• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Hello I'm new

Hello I'm new to this site. I was diagnosed with crohns in 1993 I was 16. I had a few rocky years but finally with meds I got under control for the most part. About 10 years ago I was able to control it with diet. I would still have some symptoms but not enough for medication. A couple of months ago symptoms came back now I'm back on prednisone trying to get it back under control, but I am grateful it could be worse and I did have about 10 years of remission.

GR8 spoon,

Welcome to the forum. I am sorry to hear your Crohns is back. I am glad you had 10 years too. maybe once you get this flare under control you will be back into remission again.

keep us informed of how you are doing.

Hi gr8 I am sorry you are no longer in remission. Have you or do you take any other meds to help maintain remission.

Welcome to the forum and I look forward to hearing from you more.

afidz

Super Moderator
Hello and welcome!
I am sorry to hear that you are flaring after so long! Like said above I was wondering if you were on anything other than prednisone. Prednisone is great to get a flare under control, but its usually paired with another med to keep it under control when you taper off the prednisone. You will hear people refer to these sometimes as maintenance drugs.
Hopefully you get this flare under control quickly and you can continue to a state of remission!

Only the Prednisone for now to get it under control at the moment its not too bad I have just been having a lot of gas but we will see when I start getting off the prednisone I haven't been on medications for so long I feel like I'm new to this even though I was diagnosed 20 years ago lol