• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Hello, I'm Recently Diagnosed

Hi guys,
This is my first post here; I'm pretty excited to be a part of this community! I've read some other posts before, but I just created an account today so I can post and become more involved. Anyways, here's my story:
I was recently diagnosed about a month ago on March 13, 2017 after a colonoscopy and endoscopy showed that I have Crohn's in my small intestines (I think the Ileum?) and in various patches in my large intestine. Fun times! Thankfully, my Crohn's is more of a mild case.
I'm currently on Methotrexate :( (20 milligrams taken once weekly), Folic Acid (1 mg daily), and Vitamin D (2,000 mg daily). I'm also currently on an 80/20 liquid diet, where 80% of my calories come from meal replacement shakes like Boost and Ensure, and the other 20% is for any food I want. The meds and diet seem to be working so far, so that's good!
Anyways, thanks for reading, and I hope you have a great day!