• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Hello! Just moved from UC to Crohns...

Hello, everyone.

I'm new - but glad to be joining. I'm 37, was diagnosed in 2017 with ulcerative colitis (pancolitis). I've had many flares, including a very rough one in 2020 with a stretch of what I now know was "sweets disease," causing near-constant fevers and fatigue.

I've been on Entivyo now for over a year and it's made a big difference, but now I'm suffering from strictures and scarring and have a surgical consult in January. I'm doing a heck of a lot better, but now I have almost no hunger cues and only eat one meal a day. A lot of foods just wreck me, so I stick to simple meals. Because of the strictures and the inflammation moving around, they changed my diagnosis from UC to crohns. Anyone else had that happen?

Oh a little about me personally - I'm a new dad with two young kids, I work in digital marketing, and I love cooking and photography. Overall, I'm a pretty happy/upbeat person, fighting the good fight w/ IBD.

Thanks and nice to meet you all!

Haven't had the diagnosis change myself (was diagnosed with Crohn's at 10). But I also lack hunger cues so I resorted to grazing throughout the day and avoid having a full "meal" in a single setting. Personally, cutting out meat eliminated my constant throwing up and that is really my only diet change that seemed to help me.

Good to meet you too