• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Hello... Kinda new here

R

rebelsgirl

Hello, I am Kim from Crohn's Sanity and was invited here thru a weblink exchange with this site.
I've had crohn's since New Years Eve of 1988. Actually I probably had it years before and didn't know it. I had only started having abdominal pain the year before. Doctors wrote it off as diverticulitis, spastic colon, then all in my head.

My story is, New years eve, I went to the ER with severe abdominal pain. I got there around 6pm sometime and was given nothing for pain. They ran every test on me an most I don't remember because I was just in too much of a Haze from the pain. They tested for Utopic pregnancy, appendix, and probably alot of other things in between. They found nothing. And treated me like there was nothing wrong with me, being very rude..:thumbdown:

They decided around midnight to go in and do an emergency exploratory. They found my intestines had ruptured and was leaking into my abdomen. They removed 18 inches of my colon, part of my small intestines, and the ileocal valve. They cut me from up higher around my mid rib cage down to my pubic bone and left it open to drain while I was in the hospital and sewed me up before I went home. Needless to say, they apologised to me after my surgery for the way they treated me in the ER.

I did really well untill June of the next year and started having rectal pain. Dumby me, thought I had a hemmorhoid. I finally went to see the doctor in October since I couldn't function at work or sleep at night. I had a rectal abcess in one of my glands. They cut the gland out along with part of the muscle and drained it.

That is the last surgery I have had for crohn's but not the last problem. I've had several severe flairs that were brought under control with Pred. I also have eye problems associated with Crohn's.

I've been in remission now for many years and hope it continues that way..
Anyways, hello to all members.
Kim

Last edited:

cookey

Mama Crohnie
Hi Kim, so very nice to meet you. First off, let me say how sorry I am to hear doctors treated you that way. It seems the ever famous words are it's all in your head, and I can imagine how deeply frustrated you must have felt. After all you have gone through, I'm elated to hear you're in remission now. I hope you continue to stay well...and contact me or any other great person on this site, for anything that may concern you. By the Way...I'm Deb, known as Mama Crohnie or Cookey...and have had Crohns Disease for 29yrs. Please don't ever hestitate to contact me for any reason at all...even if it's just to say HI. I'm sure Mike our founder and leader of the forums along with many others will be around to Welcome you to our home.

Ole Crohns Don't Die, They Just Crap Out

Last edited:
V

Valentina

Hi Kim, Welcome! glad you found the site. sorry you had to go through all that in the past, and I hope your remission last a long long time. see you in there!

R

rebelsgirl

Thank you for the warm welcome!
It is a relief to be in remission for so long. I know in the back of my mind it will hit me again but I try not to dwell on it. If it happens it happens, and hopefully not soon!!

D

devildee(donna2005)LOL

Hi Kim

:welcome: hope to see you around its a great site

mikeyarmo

Co-Founder
Welcome to the Forum! I am glad that you are now in remission and I hope to see you around the forum some more soon :).

S

snarker

gday Kim, hi from another newbie.

glad to hear its under control - youve certainly been through the mill.

Patrick xo

D

DannyB

Hye Kim,

Good to see you here on the forums, good news that your on the road up now and staying there. all the best. see you around the site

M

meowsie

Hey Kim,

Welcome! Glad you're enjoying some remission these days.

E

ElaineH

Hi Kim and welcome to the site! Glad to hear you are in remission.. and sorry to hear that you have had such a hard time in the past.. look forward to reading your posts!

Elaine xxx

Karen

FRIEND 4 1 & ALL

Welcome KIM ... I am GRANDMA BEAR aka KAREN & I'd like to say that you will make plenty of friends here so have a good time and if you ever need a shoulder to lean on drop over and say hello !!