• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Hello: Maybe Crohn's, maybe not.

Hi:

I'm not sure if I'm in the right place yet, as I'm in the process of being diagnosed. I have a CT scan scheduled for next week.

After visiting my doctor thinking I had a kidney infection and/or prostatitis, it's been revealed in an abdominal X-ray that I may have something else going on.

The X-ray showed a cluster of "mildly prominent loops of bowel" that they say may reflect a "focal ileus." There is no "generalized" obstruction.

I'm a bit old for Crohn's --mid forties-- so we'll see what happens.

Welcome. I think there are some in the forum who have been diagnosed at that age or later. Let us know what happens.

Scipio

I'm a bit old for Crohn's --mid forties-- so we'll see what happens.
While Crohn's is common in children and young adults, unfortunately there are still plenty of patients who first get diagnosed with Crohn's in the their 40s, 50s, and even 60s.

Good luck with your procedure.

IBDs are usually diagnosed in young adults between the ages of 15 and 30. But my wife was diagnosed Crohn’s at 45.
I wish you good luck.