• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Hello - new here - undiagnosed as yet

Hi all,

I'm currently awaiting diagnosis.

I've had problems for a few months - loose stools between 3-7 times a day, with occasionally blood in the stool and loads of yellow/white/pinky mucous all the time. Stomach pains all the time, nausea, fatigue, hot sweats. I have to use wet wipes all the time and once a week I have such a bad episode of loose stool that I have to have a shower after.

I'm an executive assistant in financial services and my GP refered me to a colorectal surgeon at hospital, it was urgent so I was seen last week. She also wrote me a fit note for work so I've been mainly working from home.

I'm having a gastro endoscopy and colonoscopy next week. The doctor was very nice, asked about family history (aunts have UC) and if I had any history of RA. Funnily enough I have - couple of years ago I saw a rhemotologist and had blood tests and x-rays for hand swelling and pain - but nothing was ever found and I was discharged and it's not flared up again. I also have inhalers for mild asthma.

My recent blood and stool tests were normal and I've only lost a couple of kg. Left hand lower sided pain is there pretty much all the time now.

So will see what happens next week!

valleysangel92

Staff member
Hello and welcome to the forum, I'm not glad you need us but I am glad you've found us. I hope you find it welcoming and helpful.

I never find blood results very useful, my blood tests have never been a good reflector of my flares so we tend to ignore them and go off how I'm feeling in myself.

I'm glad you have a nice doctor, a good relationship with your medical team is always a vital part of getting a diagnosis and dealing with a chronic illness.

I hope your scopes go well, if you have any questions please feel free to ask away, there's no need to be embarrassed here, we're all in the same boat and all understand what it's like to be where you are now.