• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Hello new here.

Hello all I'm Aaron, just posting to introduce myself. I have been a longtime forum lurker and finally decided to join to possibly get some advice on current issues I'm having, more about that in other forums tho :). I was diagnosed in 2007 and eventually got medically discharged from the navy due to the Crohns in 2011. Probably one of my lowest points!
I have so far been on Prednisolone, Budesonide, Methotrexate, Mecaptopurine and Azathioprene. I have also been on Humira which has since stopped working and now I am on Remicade.
I'm currently on only Remicade and solpadol and tramadol for pain relief. This is due to my recent A&E visit due to obstruction, The MRI I had whilst I was in on this occasion showed several Fibrous strictures, which resulted in the stoppage of the steroids and the decision being made that it's finally time for surgery.
So that's a little about me and all that's left is to say hello to all in the community :)

Honey

Staff member
Hi there,
and welcome,
I have been on all those meds you mentioned and then on Remicade infusions which did reduce the inflammation. Unfortunately I took a lung infection as a result of treatment, and ended up in hospital for three weeks. I decided not to go back on that so I am currently on Prednisolone.
Now I will have to have all tests done again to see where I am with the Crohns. It is such a fickle illness , isn't it , as the goalposts keep moving! What surgery are you having and how soon? I wish you all the best for that and hope you feel a lot better soon.
Best wishes.
:rosette1::welcome::rosette1:

Welcome to the board and welcome to the surgery club. I'm 8 days removed from a small bowel resection that removed 2 feet of heavily scarred small intestine and frankly feel better than I have in months. Let us know if you have any surgery questions, it seems like collectively speaking, this group knows a lot about it.

Hi honey im having a multiple re-section of the small bowel on the 28th of next month so a bit nervous! Surgeon says he dosent know how much he will take as he can only get so much of an idea off the MRI. Heres hoping as little as possible but enough to get me feeling okay agagain as the last year has been lousy!