• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Hello New member,here to help

Hello All,

Im a 46 year old male ,who was diagnosed at 21, crashed and burned pretty quickly with UC and had a life saving j pouch operation (which consisted of 3 seperate operations having a colostomy for 9 months) after 60 days in the hospital at 23.

Since the operation I have had three children, started and sold 2 businesses while livng in extreme pain taking an assortment of very strong medication to slow down what digestive system I have left.

i have joined this forum to help you and myself. For myself I trying to get a handle on the extreme pain I live with and to reduce the crazy amount of pills i take, looking to try medical pot as the few times I have smoked my pain has been reduced dramically. Trying to keep mentally sharp I have stayed away from pot but as i get older its taking more pain medicine to take care of the pain.

you should feel comforted speaking with me as I been through probably most every embarassing human degrading situation a person should go through in life. Lets work together to create a better worth living life!

my meds
HYDROCODON-ACETAMINOPHIN 10-325>take 1 tablet by mouth 4x a day
CIPROFLOXACIN HCL 250 MG TAB>take one tablet by mouth 2x a day
ZOLPIDEM TARTRATE 10 MG TAB>take one tablet by mouth everyday @ bed time
NORTRIPTYLINE HCL-25 MG CAP>take one capsule 2x aday
DICYCLOMINE 10 MG CAPSULE>take one capsule 2x a day
TAMSULOSIN HCL-0.4 MG CAPSULE>take one capsule 2x a day
MERCAPTOPURINE 50 MG>take one tablet 2x a day
PENTASA 500 MG>take 4 capsule by mouth every day
BUPROPION CHLXL -150 MG>1x a day

vitamins
centrum,slowfe iron,fish oil,vitamin b-12,probiotic,folic acid,gas relief

Last edited:
hello ,I am also new here.Is marijuana legal where you live? I have tried it for certain kinds of pain but I have noticed that for some kinds of pain it makes it worse. back pain it helps, but with crohns it makes the pain more intense.

Hi Atops I am glad that you have joined the family.

Also welcome arrowhead. If you have not posted to the my story forum please do, so that we can learn more about you.

Atop I sometimes use medical mj also, especially when I am having a hard time eating. I am sorry to hear about all the suffering you have done over the years. I totally understand how you feel about the pills. I take a crap load of meds each day also and only to still find myself getting worse.

What are you currently taking to help with your Crohn's?

Thank you for your opening up and I hope that you not only help people here but get some comfort and help as well.

Angrybird

Hello and welcome to the forum.

I was also wondering what meds you are currently on and what explanation do the docs have for the continued pain you are experiencing? We do have a sub forum for medical marijuana that is worth having a look at under out treatment section: http://www.crohnsforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16. I have read here a few times that smoking does appear to help with UC which seems strange considering everything we are told about cigarettes....

AB
xx

i added my meds just now, had a bad night sleep up and down all night every hour so my writing will be off. the few nights i have had a complete sleep I added a whiskey on ice with my cocktail of meds, I know this is potentially dangerous but the Ambien level of 10 mg is to low but is the max that can be prescribed and I need something stronger to put my digestive system to sleep.

I go regularly to my dr's and have comprehensive blood test , i suffer from cronic anemia as the pouch continually bleeds for minor ulcerations combined with the frequency of going to the bathroom.

I would just like to say to anyone who is reading this to make sure you do everything possible to kep yourself healthy and prevent radical surgery because the so called cure of ulcerative colistis is the removal of yoru large intestine ( they think I may have crohns ) and life can continue to be a struggle.