• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Hello there

Hey guys I just joined. I am recently diagnosed with CD and it has been a little bit of a struggle for me because yes part of me is happy that I am now aware of what is going on with me but also I am worried of all the potential surgeries and struggles that I will face in the future. But I hav a really good support system in place so I feel like I will be able to get through it.

Lady Organic

Staff member
Hi there and welcome to the forum!
So many new treatments have come up to help us in the last 2 decades and research in the IBD field is really booming. I was diagnosed in 2001 and that was a complete different era with way more limits to treatments! Things have changed a lot since then and it makes it a lot more reassuring for our future. Hopefully you will be doing fine for a long long time. :D