• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Hello to the people of the Forum!!!

I want to say, Hello to everyone whom visits and reads this forum. I am 26 years old and was diagnosed with Crowns disease/proctitis in May of 2013. I started having symptoms in November of 2012, My mother has UC and just had a J-pouch surgery in December 2013. When I was first diagnosed in May I was incredibly sick and could not figure out why, my mother had her reservations before my diagnosis but did not want me to be worried. I was first prescribed Canasa which worked fine from May-Sept 2013. When September came around everything went haywire I was sicker than I had ever been before to the point I struggled to get out of bed. I was placed on cortifoam at this point which worked well from October-December 2013. In December again everything went haywire and I was again left bedridden. At this point my Doctors and my parents thought that upgrading to the big boys Asacol/Prednisone or another combination of drugs was the next step. I pretty much refused to take these drugs which continued my descent into my own personal nightmare. I was then told about a strange holistic remedy known as Rick Simpson oil which I had never heard of being a medical marijuana patient already with some success I decided to take the plunge. I started Rick Simpson oil on January 22nd 2014 and by the 27th everything was improving/changing for the better, I decided to stop all pharmaceuticals on the 28th and since then have been in complete remission with ZERO symptoms. At this point 35 days in I have tried to induce a flare with pretty much no success(the closest to a flare like event occurred after eating 3/4 of a 14 Oz bag of lays scoops tortilla chips everyday for 3 days in succession with the only reaction being 2 small streaks of blood on an otherwise healthy looking stool twice in the same day with no other indicators of a flare) I am here now at this point to share my story and to learn from anyone else whom has experienced the same results/reaction. Thank You all for your time reading this I look forward to all of your input.

I know I took forever to mention anything all is well. Rick Simpson oil is a high CBD, THC oil which according to testimonials cures a number of different diseases. This being said it does not cure the disease in the sense that you can take it for 90 days and stop forever, you must constantly adjust your dose probably every 6 months depending on your body or you will plateau like with any other medicine or herb. This being said once the adjustment is made everything will continue to operate as normal as you can be. If anyone has any more questions let me know, I will answer them as I can, time is not on my side these days so please bare with me. thank you