• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Hello! What's the advice on the LOFFLEX diet?

Hi Everyone :sign0144:

I was diagnosed with Crohn's disease last week (just in time for Christmas! :thumbdown:) and it's been a bit of a struggle getting my head around it all.

I am due for an MRI soon to see whats happening in my small bowel, but I was diagnosed with Crohn's in my ascending colon that reasonably mild (calprotectin level 742) and been put on Pentasa.

I'm considering myself quite lucky at the moment as they seem to of (fingers crossed) caught it before the symptoms got too bad. The main thing is that I'm anaemic and can't tolerate most alcohol. Whereas my brother was diagnosed with CD 3 years ago, but has had symptoms for about 7 years, so his disease activity is pretty severe and he has a lot of ulcers (including stomach, small bowel and colon) and some strictures.

I've been browsing the forum, which has been amazingly helpful already and trying to learn what I can do to keep my guts as calm as possible.

I've got Dr John Hunter's book "Inflammatory Bowel Disease: The essential guide to controlling Crohn's Disease, Colitis and Other IBDs" and ... I was wondering what success people have had with the LOFFLEX diet?

Or anything else that would be helpful in trying to stop the disease getting worse at this stage?

Thank you for your thoughts and advice.

Susabelle

Welcome to the forum. I am sorry that you have the disease. There is a sectors in here called Diet, Fitness and Supplements. Thrrte will probably be someone there who can help. Best to you.