• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Hello

Well,having been misdiagnosed for 10 years ! i suppose that im happy that i finally know that something is wrong and its not all in my head !

10 years ago sitting at work i had this pain and it gave me palpitations and i thought i was having a heart attack ! i went straight to the hospital who told me there is nothign wrong.

The next day i had the same and again with palpitations and sweats

this went on and every doctor or hospital told me its in my head.

the problem got so bad i would end up having to lay down on my stomach and anytime anyone see me they only see panic attack,

i went to hospital so many times and the pains in the abdo was panic attack they said !!

and for years thats what they have treated. even though im ashmed to say ive had around 100 ambulances visit my house where i thought i was having a heart attack ! - thank god ive had every test done and my heart is fine.

and then about 4 months ago i noticed some blood. i rung the doctor ( my health anxiety through misdiagnoses was running high) and they said see how it goes. it continued and i had a exam and doctor said it fine. in the end i got send for a colonoscopy and it showed some patching... while speaking to my consultant he see me clenching my chest and said i should have an endoscopy and a ct scan.

finally i get told its crohns and i look up the symptoms and i have pretty much most of them but i dont have weight loss and i dont have strong urgers of needing the toilet just adbo pain and bowel pain leading up to going.

anyway life story over !! now to dig through your posts and get some tips. my eyes are always twitching and i feel constanlty tired.. and when im not tired i then suddenly become it ...

i also get random pains in my fingers , wrists, arms and shoulders.. is this associated !!

so the meds ive been started on is pentasa? twice a day

oh forgot to mention it and the panic attacks got so bad i lost my job :( so looking to get back to a normal life. i have 3 fantastic kids and 1 very understanding lady but im looking to get comfort and have a pain free day.

toodles !

Hi and welcome to the forum. 10 years is a lot of time. I am glad you finally have a name for your symptoms. everybody has different symptoms. 1 person may need to go to the bathroom 10 or more times when they are having a flare, while others just 2 or 3 times. Arthritis is associated with crohns. Did your GI told you where is yours located?