• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Hello :)

Thought I would stop in here real quick and say hello. I've been reading this forum for awhile now and thought I would finally introduce myself and say hello.
I was diagnosed with Crohn's disease when I was 15, and have had quite a journey since then. I've been on Remicade since 2001 and my Crohns is causing several life problems again. I'm going in for my first double dose tomorrow and I'm a bit worried but I have my fingers tightly crossed. I really hope this works. Anyways I just wanted to stop in say hello, and thank you guys for all the help I've received by reading this forum.

Trysha

Staff member
Hello AmyCstar,
Welcome to the forum.
You will find lots of helpful information and many new friends .
I can understand you will be nervous about the increased Remicade,I am into my third loading dose and always nervous about the next dose.
You will be just fine, take plenty of things to do to keep your mind off the infusion.
Hope it does great things for you.
Feel better soon
Hugs and best wishes
Trysha

Welcome AmyCstar. I hope the double dose of Remicade helps to quickly. My son is on the highest dose and a reduced schedule, 5 weeks. He also takes MTX. We are still trying to figure things out as he has absolutely no symptoms til two or three days before the infusion and then a few symptoms pop up. Hope to get it all under control soon!

Good luck with the Remicade and Treatment forum there are others who are on the double dose and you may glean some more info from their threads or posts!