• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Hello

I am a mother of a girl with Crohns. We are interested in natural treatment.We hope to find more information here.
:poo:

Artisan105

Yondaime
Welcome Magi,

I am sorry your daughter has Crohn's =( Well, there is an abundant amount of information here.

Remember every person is different so what works for one person wont work for another. Especially the medication that we take. Some work better with 6mp some with remicade some with imuran some with himura (the latest drug, i think?). Talk to your doctor and listen closely to the response of your daughter. Keep a journal of her reactions to the medications. Tell the doctor if some medicine is not working. Monitor her pain med use.

This part is going to take the most effort. Research in the foods she can eat without making her go to the bathroom like crazy. I think this part takes the longest to figure out. We are so lazy to buy pizza or make instant macaroni, we tend to forget the ingredients or chemicals in these products. They WILL cause inflammation. So check out the menu/diet part of the forum and try them out on your daughter.

Lots of exercise, support, and a stress free environment will aid your daughter tons! Ttyl.