• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Hello..

Hey all, I was diagnosed with Crohn's in my early teens - along with a growth hormone deficiency.. oh fun, growth hormone plus steroids (prednisone) and being a teenager all at once. I'm now in my thirties. Tried all kinds of meds, had a bowel re-section about 5 years ago.. helped quite a bit, but now problems creeping back. Had two bowel obstructions this past year, plus a host of side effects because my GI doc thought that a high dose of immuno-suppressives would help, which they didn't. Seeing a naturopath - trying to find the right balance of everything.

Movement has always been healing for me. I am an athlete and a circus artist. Also a musician I am a big believer in humor and art to get through, even though sometimes I just wanna give up and yell and scream and be angry at my body. I'm looking for other movers and sporty/active types out there - or those that wish to be once they can get their symptoms under control.

At any rate, I don't experience tons of "pain" (except for those bowel obstructions) - it's more gas and bloating and the embarrassing and uncomfortable stuff that gets me down. I haven't had a long-term romantic relationship in large part because of what Crohn's does to me, and I'd like to talk to folks about that too.

Have dealt with a fair amount of anxiety since my re-section - I take b12 shots but I think that the anxiety has something to do with the imbalances in my body created by the surgery.

I am trying to stay positive. But it's hard sometimes. I guess that's why I am here. Thanks in advance for the support.

-Hi there and a very warm welcome to the forum, having read your post I reckon we will be able to help you out :). I'm sorry you've had such a rough ride, I've only been diagnosed 6 months but already realize how this disease effects my life but I've had no surgeries so can't imagine what you've had to go through.

There are so many different sub-forums here that would be worth having a look at, we have diet, fitness and supplements.....http://www.crohnsforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17 and this one http://www.crohnsforum.com/showthread.php?t=48232 is singles living with Crohns. But there is so much more here, I think it's been a God -send to me, the support has been fantastic.

I hope you find some of what you are looking for and wish you the very best, take care and enjoy the forum. :ghug:

SarahBear

Welcome to the forum! I'm sorry to hear what you've been dealing with. :( Balancing out medications to find what works is definitely difficult and frustrating.

Circus artist?! That sounds like a lot of fun!

Like Lizbeth said, there are a lot of subforums and support groups on the forum where you can connect with people in similar situations and find advice and support. The forum is a great place for building friendships, as well. :)

I hope you feel better soon. :hug:

ChronicWellness:

Welcome to the forum.
You will find great support here and lots of information.
You might talk with our resident juicer: Gianni too. He has been controlling his IBD with juicing. He has lots of recipes and I highly recommend it.

wish you the very best!!!