• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Hello

Hello, I am a French of 45 years, who leave soon for California I am affected by crohn since the age of 9 years, operated ten years ago of the colon and at present in incapacity!
Sorry for my English I learn him for less than year!
Good Saturday has all! :)

Jennifer

Adminstrator
Staff member
Hi Mouette and welcome to the forum! :D

I'm glad you found us. Your knowledge will be a great addition to the forum. :) I was also diagnosed when I was 9 years old. Did your surgery put you into remission for the full ten years?

Thank you Jennifer :) for your message, yes it gets better now fewer pains and more occlusion since and you?

Jennifer

Adminstrator
Staff member
I had a resection 14 years ago and that kick started remission for me yet I was also on 6MP at the time to help maintain remission. I'm in my first flare since my resection but my symptoms haven't been too bad. Had one obstruction in June but it was cleared up quickly without surgery. I'm having blood work done this week to see if I can start tapering off the steroid. Thank you for asking. :)