• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Hello

Hi, all. I recently joined this forum after talking to a few people and thinking I may have Crohns. I had my gallbladder out in 2005 and ever since then I have not been right. I have gotten increasingly worse and doctors aren't quite sure what is wrong.

Here's my story:

I had my gallbladder out in 2005 after finding out it was working at 3%. I ended up getting an unidentified infection 4 days post op with a high fever, diarrhea, and vomitting, and severe dehydration. They were unable to identify the infection so treated me with ivs and sent me home. Then, 1 month later, it was the same story all over again. I played this game 3 or 4 more times over the course of 4 months and was eventually given the diagnosis of idiopathic gastroparesis in 2007.

I have never been sure that diagnosis is the only thing going on. I continue to have vomitting after meals everyday. My main puzzling thing lately is a whole set of new symptoms which no one can explain- achiness in joints, feel in very sick after bowel movements, sometimes have a fever with no other symptoms. For instance, the other day I had mashed potatoes for lunch then got horrible stomach pains after eating, had horrible stomach cramps, felt generally sick and eventually had a bunch of diarrhea, and another bowel movement (sorry if its TMI). I feel sick after bowel movements - generally achy all over, achy joints, weak, tired, basically like someone just took all my energy. I've had some bleeding when I have bowel movements which I've mentioned to my doctor. I have been battling chronic anemia for over a year now as well and take iron for that.

I'm not sure where to go from here or if my symptoms even sound like an IBD. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Hi Hawaiian!
I am glad you joined the forum. Your symptoms do really sound like crohns. Please also add what testing you have had done and what the results are so others can come in and give some ideas for where to go next. Glad you made it over here.
We have also a gastroparesis support group and an undiagnosed area.

Kim

I've had an egd, small bowel follow through, colonoscopy, barium swallow tests, manometer through the rear, ct abdomen and pelvis, the test where you have to eat eggs, bloodwork. I'm sure I'm missing one or two but I can't remember them all.

that is a lot of test. Sometimes after gallbladder removal it can cause lasting effects. Bloating, pain, discomfort and d. The fats in foods just don't absorb the same for some and it can cause what you describe. Can you ask your Dr. if this might be a possibility.

There can also be a possibility of leaky gut, and a off balance of good/bad gut flora.

hope you feel better.